TIAA-CREF Retirement Plan
- create your user account login (you'll need your account numbers)
- view your account or change your allocations
- update your contact and beneficiary information
- learn about Stonehill-specific offerings
- schedule a one-on-one interview with a TIAA-CREF professional
- new employee on-line enrollment
- Contact TIAA-CREF by phone: 866-904-7802
- IRS 2012 Contribution Limits
- IRS 2013 Contribution Limits
All full-time faculty and employees who meet the College's "one-year" eligibility requirements may participate in Stonehill's retirement plan through the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA). Human Resources provides information to you when you become eligible. Your participation generally will begin as of the first of the month following Human Resources' receipt of your completed enrollment forms.
Under the plan, Stonehill automatically contributes 5% of your base salary to the plan. If you choose to make a contribution to the plan, Stonehill will match up to an additional 5%. For example, if you contribute 3% the College will make an 8% contribution (5% automatic + 3% match). The maximum contribution by the College is 10%. All employee contributions are made on a tax-deferred basis and are exempt from federal and state withholding. You are fully vested in all contributions immediately.
Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA) Plan
Stonehill also offers a GSRA Plan through TIAA-CREF.
This 403(b) plan offers you the opportunity to save even more for your retirement by investing pre-tax dollars. The money you invest saves on taxes in two important ways. First, your contributions to a GSRA reduce your taxable income because you pay no federal and state income taxes on your contributions until you withdraw funds. Second, taxes on investment earnings are deferred until you withdraw funds. Your accumulations may remain in the plan until IRS guidelines require distributions. A GSRA plan requires certain minimum and maximum contributions.
- TIAA-CREF Website | 866-904-7802