Sophomore Planning is Tuesday, October 14th for members of the sophomore class. Registration required in Career Connection.
- to ensure sophomores have the information they need to accomplish their personal goals, such as obtaining an internship, studying abroad or participating in the SURE program
- to provide resources and information to encourage sophomores to become engaged beyond the classroom in ways they may not have considered
- to have students pause, to make thoughtful decisions about how to best prepare for their post-graduate goals (regardless of how clear or unclear those goals may be)
|You will select three sessions from the list below:|
|Alumni Mentors & Networking: First Steps||Internships|
|Campus Leadership||The Major Decision|
|Education Abroad||Opportunities for Service|
|Graduate or Professional School||The SURE Program|
Information on how to register for these events is available on the Upcoming Events page during the registration period of each event.
The Office of Career Services is proud to offer our first “Internship Week” running from October 6-10th with programs and workshops to get you internship-ready!
Career Services Open House – 12-2:00 p.m.
Come say hello, enjoy refreshments, and meet the team in Career Services, while checking out the numerous resources available to you!
“Suit-Up” with Talbots and Destination XL
Come get expert advice on how to dress for interviews, business events and your everyday professional life.
- Ladies get to meet with reps from Talbots at 1:00 in Career Services
- Gentlemen get to meet with reps from Destination XL at 2:00 in Career Services
“The Search” – 4:30 p.m. in Duffy 101
Navigating the thousands of internship, job and post-graduate service search sites available can be a daunting task. Join us to dive into the job/internship/service search and create an organized process that will work for you.
Mock Interview Day – sign ups required in Career Connection (limited availability)
Meet with professionals from The Bowdoin Group, Pharmalogics, and Arbella Insurance for a 30 minute mock interview to help you sharpen your interviewing skills. The feedback you’ll get will help you impress employers during future interviews! Have your résumé ready to upload, and search for Job ID: 16091 to sign-up.
Get your Résumé and Cover Letter Interview Ready featuring guest presenter from MEDITECH – 12:00 in CM 107
Having a polished résumé and cover letter are key! So what exactly do employers really want to see? Our guest presenter, Greg Clarkin who is a college recruiter at MEDITECH, will be sharing the inside secrets you won’t want to miss!
*Space is limited, so please email Sara (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’ll be attending.
#HireStonehill Certification – 5:00 p.m. in Career Services
The #HireStonehill Certification is one of two steps required to participate in On-Campus Interviews at Stonehill College for both jobs and internships. You’ll get to apply for positions in Career Connection, and meet with employers who want to recruit YOU! In order to apply for the fall and spring semester interviews, you must complete this certification. Deadlines are happening now, so come get certified!
LinkedIn Photobooth! 10-12:00 & 2-4:00 p.m. in Career Services
Because bad selfies don’t get hired! Come get your picture taken to update your @LinkedIn profile pic. First impressions really do count (and don’t forget to dress to impress)!
“Coffee & Careers” 10-12:00 p.m. in Career Services
Have you stopped in to chat with a Career Advisor to talk about #LifeAfterStonehill plans? Now is a perfect time, while enjoying a cup of joe! No appointment necessary!
The Class of 2015 Senior Transitions Conference will be held on Monday, August 25th.
Register now! Registration closes August 5th.
Why our seniors LOVE this conference:
- The conference is designed to help you shape your senior year to accomplish your goals to pursue employment, graduate school or post-graduate service.
- Employers who hire Stonehill students will offer advice for navigating the job search process and acing interviews
- Young alumni ('13 - '14 grads) will relate their experiences and answer your questions about what it was like to graduate and take that next step
- You’ll have a chance to win TONS of raffle prizes with giveaways from employers who want to recruit Stonehill graduates
- No matter WHERE you are in the post-grad planning process there’s value in this conference for YOU!
|You will select three sessions from the list below when you register:|
|Advanced Networking Including LinkedIn||What do I do with my Liberal Arts Degree?|
|Acing Interviews||Nonprofit Careers|
|Graduate School General Information Session||Post-Graduate Service Options & Applications|
|Using Senior Year to Boost Your Resume||Getting a Government Job|
|Recruiting Certification (required for all seniors wishing to participate in On Campus Interviews)||How Diversity in Your Life is Essential to Your Career|