Want to live and work in Washington, D.C. for a semester? Each semester, the office of Career Services offers students a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and intern for a semester in Washington, D.C. Students will gain invaluable experience, amazing connections, and an educational experience like no other:
- Participate in a semester-long internship in Washington, D.C.
- Apartment-style housing provided through Washington Internship Student Housing
- Multiple networking opportunities (guest-speakers will be provided)
- Students are responsible for internship placement (with support from Career Services and faculty)
- 15 credits:
- 9-credit internship (at least 30-32 hrs/week)
- 3-credit course taken in Washington, D.C.
- 3 credits of academic work through your major
Sample internship placements include :
- The White House
- Pan American Health Foundation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Attorney's Office
- U.S. Secret Service
- National Governors Association
- Senator Ed Markey (D) MA
- Department of the Treasury
- The National Defense University
- Peace Corps
Applications for the Fall will be due on March 6th.
Log into Career Connection to apply. Students must also register through myHill prior to the deadline: myPlans > Stonehill U.S. Internship Request for Approval > Washington, D.C. Internship Program.
Make sure to review our application requirements before getting started.