Want to live and work in Washington, D.C. for a semester? Each semester, the office of Career Services offers students a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and intern for a semester in Washington, D.C. Students will gain invaluable experience, amazing connections, and an educational experience like no other:
- Participate in a semester-long internship in Washington, D.C.
- Apartment-style housing provided through Washington Internship Student Housing
- Multiple networking opportunities (guest-speakers will be provided)
- Students are responsible for internship placement (with support from Career Services and faculty)
- 15 credits:
- 9-credit internship (at least 30-32 hrs/week)
- 3-credit course taken in Washington, D.C.
- 3 credits of academic work through your major
Sample internship placements include :
- The White House
- Pan American Health Foundation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Attorney's Office
- U.S. Secret Service
- National Governors Association
- Senator Ed Markey (D) MA
- Department of the Treasury
- The National Defense University
- Peace Corps
Applications for the Fall 2016 semester are due in Handshake on Friday, February 26th.
Log into Handshake to apply. Students must also register through myHill prior to the deadline: myPlans > Stonehill U.S. Internship Request for Approval > Washington, D.C. Internship Program.
Make sure to review our application requirements before getting started.