Before applying to the Stonehill in New York Internship Program, students should meet certain qualifications. These include:
- Your resume must be approved by a member of the Career Services team
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA and junior standing. Students who do not meet this criteria must obtain written approval (letter or email) from their faculty moderator prior to submitting an application.
- A level of maturity demonstrated by responsible behavior at Stonehill College
- Completion all application materials by the deadlines specified by the Office of Career Services
- Approval of the Director of Career Services and the Dean of Students
- The intention to grow, both on an academic and professional level, in a new city
Students participating in the New York Program are required to work at least 4 days a week for 14 weeks and will receive a total of 15 credits.
Credits are distributed as follows:
- 9 Credits: Internship in the student's major department pending the approval of the department faculty moderator.
- 3 Credits: Paper/journal/portfolio*
- 3 Credits: Course taken at Fordham University. Students should consult with their academic adviser and/or department faculty moderator prior to registering for a course*
* Requirements may vary by department
Applications for the Spring 2015 Program are due in Career Connection by Friday, October 2, 2015, but students are highly encouraged to apply by September 25th.