Benefits of an Internship
Obtaining an internship not only makes you more marketable as a job candidate, but gives you the opportunity to gain greater understanding about your chosen field.
Internship Quick Facts
- Approximately 85% of Stonehill students complete at least one internship-related experience prior to graduation
- Last year, employers made full-time offers to almost 65% of their interns*
- Students who have multiple internships on their résumé at graduation tend to have more interviews and field more job offers than those who do not
*Source: National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
Completing an internship will...
- Enhance your resume with career-related experience
- Build networking contacts for your future job search
- Allow you to learn more about a potential career industry or field
- Provide you with an opportunity to apply academic learning to hands-on situations
- Allow you to immerse yourself in a new organizational culture
- Help you learn career-related skills such as public speaking, report-writing, and handling customers and clients
- Polish communication skills needed in the workplace
Finding an Internship
The Office of Career Services maintains an online internship/job database, Handshake for students to search for hundreds of internship opportunities.
Job & Internship Sites
The Office of Career Services has compiled a number of other online resources for students to search for regional and national opportunities.