Experiencing another country is exciting and enriching, however, getting there is not always easy. International jobs can be harder to obtain, and the application process varies from country to country.
Job Opportunities Worldwide
- Ameson Year in China - Teach in China for one year.
- EscapeArtist - Many links to working and living abroad.
- Foreign Policy Association - Job board that lists various internship, job, volunteer opportunities worldwide.
- Going Global - International job listings and information listed by country.
- IAgora: International Travel, Work, Study - International Travel, Multilingual, Work, Study Country and cultural information, links to info on working abroad and chat with people from around the world.
- Idealist.org - A project of Action Without Borders, a global clearinghouse of nonprofit resources, including jobs, internships, mailing lists, and nonprofit resources by state and country.
- Indeed.com - Indeed.com has now expanded its services to 18 countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China,France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico,Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom).
- InterExchange - Work, volunteer, au pair, teach and intern in various locations abroad (many in Australia and New Zealand).
- International Development Jobs - For jobs in the international development field.
- Jobs in Europe - Database of companies who hire college graduates. Other useful information included such as how to prepare an international resume or CV.
- One Small Planet - General Information on work, study, volunteer and travel opportunities abroad.
- Overseas Jobs Web - International job listings, including teaching opportunities.
- Peace Corps - Worldwide opportunities for "the toughest job you'll ever love."
- The Riley Guide: Resources for International Job Opportunities - Includes lists for multiple countries or regions.
- US State Department - Gives job descriptions and vacancies for Foreign Service Officers, as well as other positions with the Department of State.
- Transitions Abroad - Informational site with articles and links about working/studying/traveling/living abroad.
Short-Term Work/Internship Opportunities
- BUNAC: Work in Britain - The British Universities North America Club (BUNAC) aids US students and recent graduates with procuring work permits in Britain (England, Scotland, or Wales) for up to 6 months. Participants locate their own jobs, primarily in the service industry.
- CARE - International humanitarian organization that is fighting global poverty.
- CIEE: Council Work Abroad Program - Offers work permits for short-term work abroad, study abroad, voluntary services, and discounted student plane fares. Participants locate their own jobs. Program resources available.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals - Full-year scholarship to live, work, and study in Germany (for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)
- DAAD - Internships in Germany
- InternAbroad.com - Internship opportunities for undergraduates and recent graduates.
- ISA Service Learning - Service learning, study + service option, short-term programs
- John Snow, Inc. - Public health consulting firm with international internship opportunities.
- National Geographic Student Expedition - Seeks graduates with language and/or cultural skills to lead student trips. Applications are accepted January through March.