Stonehill students are strongly encouraged to pursue internships in areas related to their academic concentrations as a part of the career planning process. Students may pursue internships solely for experience or may seek approval for academic credit. Stonehill offers internship programs in New York City, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Madrid, Paris and locally.
Academic Credit for Internships
If a student seeks credit for an internship, the following criteria must be met:
- Students must receive faculty approval in order to receive academic credit for an internship. Employers will provide a job description that will be reviewed and approved by the faculty member. In addition, students will be assigned academic work (weekly journal, paper, final project, presentation, etc.) that will be due at the conclusion of the internship.
- Students must work at least 8 hours/week for the entire 14 weeks of the semester in order to receive three credits, which is the equivalent of one class. The only exception to this policy is for Business majors. Business majors are required to work 12 hours/week for 14 weeks in order to receive three credits.
- Internship site supervisors will be asked to evaluate the student's performance mid-semester and at the end of the semester.
Internships can be completed during the fall semester (September-December), spring semester (January-April), or during the summer (May/June-August). Students may also be able to participate in Co-Ops if their schedule allows.
Internships by Major
Stonehill College offers the following majors in which internships can be completed:
- American Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Gender Studies
- Health Care Administration
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Religious Studies
- Visual and Performing Arts
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Employer Relations Manager
Phone: 508 565-1325