Want to live and work in Washington, D.C. for a semester? Each semester, the Career Development Center offers students a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and intern for a semester in Washington, D.C. Students will gain invaluable experience, amazing connections, and an educational experience like no other:
- Participate in a semester-long internship in Washington, D.C.
- Apartment-style housing provided through Washington Internship Student Housing
- Multiple networking opportunities (guest-speakers will be provided)
- Students are responsible for internship placement (with support from Career Development and faculty)
- 15 credits:
- 9-credit internship (at least 30-32 hrs/week)
- 3-credit course taken in Washington, D.C.
- 3 credits of academic work through your major
Past internship sites include:
- The White House
- Pan American Health Foundation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Attorney's Office
- U.S. Marshals Service
- National Governors Association
- Office of Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
- Department of the Treasury
- The National Defense University
Applications for the Fall 2017 semester are due in Handshake by Friday, February 24th.
Log into Handshake to apply. Students must also register through myHill prior to the deadline: myPlans > Stonehill U.S. Internship Request for Approval > Washington, D.C. Internship Program.
Make sure to review our application requirements before getting started.