Benefits of an Internship
Obtaining an internship not only makes you more marketable as a job candidate, but gives you the opportunity to gain greater understanding about your chosen field.
How can an internship help you get ahead? Find out the lasting effects that will benefit your career:
Internship Quick Facts
- Approximately 87% of Stonehill students complete at least one internship-related experience prior to graduation
- Last year, employers made full-time offers to almost 65% of their interns*
- Students who have multiple internships on their résumé at graduation tend to have more interviews and field more job offers than those who do not
*Source: National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
Completing an internship will...
- Enhance your resume with career-related experience
- Build networking contacts for your future job search
- Allow you to learn more about a potential career industry or field
- Provide you with an opportunity to apply academic learning to hands-on situations
- Allow you to immerse yourself in a new organizational culture
- Help you learn career-related skills such as public speaking, report-writing, and handling customers and clients
- Polish communication skills needed in the workplace
Finding an Internship
The Career Development Center maintains an online internship/job database, Handshake for students to search for hundreds of internship opportunities.
Job & Internship Sites
The Career Development Center has compiled a number of other online resources for students to search for regional and national opportunities.