Inspired by the enduring values of a Holy Cross Education, "Stonehill College educates the whole person so that each Stonehill graduate thinks, acts, and leads with courage toward creating a more just and compassionate world" (Stonehill College Mission Statement).
There are several ways for students to get involved in community service and volunteerism at Stonehill. From H.O.P.E. Service Immersion Trips to one-time volunteer projects, from Community Engagement Day during first-year Orientation to weekly service opportunities through Into the Streets, Stonehill seeks to live out the Church's call to be of service to our brothers and sisters. Campus Ministry offers several programs through which students can get involved in service. All are welcome.
How You Can Serve
“Joining ITS my first year at Stonehill allowed me to educate my mind, body, and heart. Through ITS I have been able to think justly, serve humbly, and reflect wisely.” -Chris Tirrell, class of 2009
There are a variety of ways to serve others in the communities in and around Stonehill. The several service experiences have varying levels of commitment and each has something unique to offer the volunteer.
- Take part in regular, occasional, or one-time service events sponsored by Into the Streets, such as a walk-a-thon, holiday fundraising event, or tutoring program. Find out about service opportunities at the ITS Volunteer Fair at the start of each semester, visit our ITS page, visit our one-time service page, or check your email for updates!
- Suggest a group service project with your wing or floor of your Residence Hall, like raking leaves in the yard of an elderly person in the neighborhood or raising money or food for a local agency. See your Moreau Student Minister, Resident Assistant or one of the ITS Coordinators for assistance.
- Volunteer at an off-campus service agency. There are over sixty Community Partners listed in the ITS directory, along with information about each agency and a contact name and number. Many of these will require a regular time commitment.
- Get a Summer Internship with one of our Community Partners. This is an opportunity to spend the summer working with those who are most in need and doing what you can to help your neighbor. Visit our Summer Internship page to get more information.
- Participate in a service immersion trip through the H.O.P.E. program. For more information about the H.O.P.E. program, please see below.