Reproduction and/or publication of all Stonehill historical materials requires permission from the Director of Archives and Historical Collections.
Current Fee Schedule
Effective Date: NOVEMBER 12, 2013
A. Research Fees
- Stonehill Faculty/Staff
There is no charge for faculty or staff reference requests.
- Stonehill Students
There is no charge for student reference requests. However, depending on the question, archives staff may require students to visit the archives and research the answer in person.
- Off-Site User
- Non-Bauman Collections
If it is determined that a request requires more than 30 minutes of staff time, the patron will be given all information that can be determined within that time. The patron can then request an appointment to do their own on-site researcher or ask for additional staff research at the cost of $20.00 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments.
- Bauman Collection
There is no charge to search online indexes of processed portions of the collection. For unprocessed portions of the collection, paper indexes created by Mr. Bauman are available. Archives staff will conduct three searches per month, per person, of the Collection’s paper indexes for specific images. Searches must be for a specific photo, person(s), or event within a 5-year timeframe when the requester thinks the photo may have been taken. Additional searches within a month will incur a $5.00 charge per search. Individuals can also schedule an appointment to search paper indexes themselves at no charge.
B. Reproduction Fees
- Faculty and Staff – No Charge
- Stonehill Students – $0.15 per page (BW)/ $0.50 per page (Color) [up to 50 page maximum]
- Alumni – $0.15 per page (BW)/ $0.50 per page (Color) [up to 50 page maximum, then Non-Stonehill Patron prices]
- Non-Stonehill Patrons – $0.50 per page (BW)/ $1.00 per page (Color) [up to 250 page maximum]
B-2. Use of Digital Cameras and Hand-Held Scanners on Site
A $5.00 fee will be charged to all non-Stonehill researchers wishing to make copies of archival materials with digital cameras or hand-held scanners (non-sheet feeding) during on-site research visits. Stonehill reserves the right to deny requests based on the condition of materials or if device may damage materials
B-3. PDF Scans
- Faculty and Staff – No Charge
- Stonehill Students – No Charge
- Alumni – No charge up to 40 pages, over 40 pages, an additional $0.20 per page, with a minimum charge of $5.00. [up to 250 page maximum]
- Non-Stonehill – No charge up to 25 pages, over 25 pages, an additional $0.20 per page, with a minimum charge of $5.00. [up to 250 page maximum]
B-4. Non-Bauman Collections JPEG/TIFF Scans (for personal use)
- Low Resolution JPEG files of documents and images at a maximum of 150 dpi and 2”x3” may be requested at no cost by the Stonehill Community (including alumni). Non-Stonehill users will be charged $5.00 per image.
- High Resolution JPEG or TIFF filesof documents and images, at a maximum of 1000 dpi and 8”x10”, may be requested at no cost by the Stonehill Community (including alumni). Non-Stonehill users will be charged $25.00 per image (for personal use). Note: If the materials are for publication, use on a website, or on a social media site, publication fees apply. Contact the Director of Archives and Historical Collections for commercial use pricing.
Note: Stonehill does not own the right to all images in its collection and may not be able to provide scans.
B-5. Non-Bauman Collections Photo Reproduction Prints
- 5x7 - $5.00
- 8x10 – $7.50
- 11x14 - $12.00
- 16x20 - $20.00
Note: Stonehill does not own the right to all images in its collection and may not be able to provide prints.
B-6. Bauman Collection Reproduction
Due to the nature of the Bauman Collection and the fact that Stonehill owns the copyright for these images, a separate fee structure has been implemented and applies to both Stonehill and non-Stonehill community members equally.
- Bauman Contact Sheets
Watermarked contact sheets of a maximum of 20 envelopes/100 negatives (whichever is greater) will be provided at no charge per requester per month. Requests exceeding the monthly limit will incur a $0.50 per negative charge (minimum $5.00 charge).
- JPEG/TIFF Images
- Low Resolution JPEG files at a maximum of 150 dpi and 2”x3” scans of Bauman images may be requested at a cost of $5.00 per image. Images will contain a watermark and are for personal use only.
- Bauman Prints
Stonehill contracts with a local photo lab for high-quality photographic prints. These prints are not watermarked as JPEG files and can be purchased at the following prices (Order Form):
- 5x7 - $15.00
- 8x10 - $25.00
- 11x14 - $40.00
- 16x20 - $80.00
- Commercial Use
Contact Director of Archives and Historical Collections
C. Publication Fees
C-1. Non-Bauman Collections
The department will grant permission to publish copies of images/documents in its non-Bauman collections as long as the publisher assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of the U.S. Copyright Code. All publishers must sign a Photograph use Agreement and pay a fee based upon stipulations below.
- Stonehill Publication or Publication About Stonehill – No Fee
- Publication (print and electronic)
- 1-5000 copies - $35.00 per image
- 5001-7500 copies - $50.00 per image
- 7501-100,000 copies - $75.00 per image
- 100,001+ copies - $100.00 per image
- Web or Social Media - $25.00 per image
C-2. Bauman Collection
THIS SECTION OF THE POLICY IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED. PLEASE CONTACT THE STONEHILL COLLEGE ARCHIVES FOR INFORMATION ON USING BAUMAN IMAGES IN PUBLICATIONS.
D. Video Production Fees
D-1. Bauman Collection
Stonehill owns the copyright to the images in the Stanley Bauman Photograph Collection. Use of an image(s) in a video production requires a user agreement and a fee of $25.00 per image. User agreements will include permission for a non-exclusive use of an image(s).
Payment must be received before any service is rendered.
- Payment types accepted include cash and check. The Archives does not accept credit cards or Hillcards.
Checks should be made payable to Stonehill College.
For more information contact the Nicole Casper, Director of Archives and Historical Collections, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.565.1121.