With the objective of significantly enhancing the academic, professional, personal and spiritual development of each Stonehill student, we are making available Student Opportunity Awards. These funds, which are made available through the generous support of donors to the College and a grant from the Davis Educational Foundation*, are available to students (primarily but not exclusively) with demonstrated financial need to subsidize the costs associated with their participation in a wide range of high-impact learning activities, such as but not limited to:
- Local, domestic and international internships
- Study abroad
- Faculty- or staff-mentored research or projects
- Attendance at conferences, meetings, and workshops to present on work done or for professional development purposes
- H.O.P.E. trips
- Travel Learning Communities
- Graduate and professional school standardized entrance exam prep courses and/or application expenses
- Professional Certification Preparation (i.e., coursework, materials or other training) and/or application expenses
Below is the application, review and award notification timeline. Only those applications received by a deadline date will be considered for funding during that cycle. Applications received after a deadline will be considered for funding in the subsequent application cycle.
|Application Deadline||Review Period||Award Notification|
|September 15, 2017||Sept 18 – 28, 2017||September 29, 2017|
|October 13, 2017||Oct. 16 – 26, 2017||October 27, 2017|
|November 10, 2017||Nov. 13 – 22, 2017||November 28, 2017|
|December 8, 2017||Dec. 11 – 20, 2017||December 21, 2017|
|January 19, 2018||Jan. 22 – Feb 1, 2018||February 2, 2018|
|February 16, 2018||Feb. 19 – Mar 1, 2018||March 2, 2018|
|March 16, 2018||Mar. 19 – 29, 2018||March 30, 2018|
|April 13, 2018||Apr. 16 – 26, 2018||April 27, 2018|
|May 11, 2018||May 14 – 24, 2018||May 25, 2018|
How to Apply
If you have any questions about the Student Opportunity Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Davis Educational Foundation was established by Stanton and Elisabeth Davis after Mr. Davis’s retirement as chairman of Shaw’s Supermarket, Inc.