In recognition of outstanding academic achievement, Erin Leo ’15 has earned the 2015 Ronald J. Fraser Award as the outstanding senior in the Communication Department’s Mediated Communication Program.
Leo, a communication major from New Fairfield, Connecticut, has demonstrated a commitment to scholarship that exemplifies the habits of mind that Stonehill seeks to help students cultivate.
An active member of the campus community during her time at Stonehill, Leo was opinions editor for The Summit, Stonehill’s student-run campus newspaper, and served as co-captain of the women’s ultimate disc club team.
In the fall of her junior year, Leo studied abroad in London. Upon her return to campus, she served as a teaching assistant for the Women’s Global Issues learning community, and the Communication Department’s Gender & Communication course.
Leo, who is currently seeking employment in the publishing and marketing industry, also completed a social media/marketing internship at the College’s Center for Nonprofit Management in the fall of her senior year.
Selected Activities and Achievements
- Inducted into the Lambda Epsilon Sigma Honor Society (Stonehill College)
- Inducted into the Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society (communication)
- Opinions editor for The Summit student newspaper
- Social media/marketing intern at the Center for Nonprofit Management
- Co-captain of the women’s ultimate disc club team
- Teaching assistant for the Women’s Global Issues learning community
- Teaching assistant for the Gender & Communication course
- Studied abroad in London (fall 2013)