In recognition of outstanding academic achievement, Courtney Ouellet ’15 has been named a 2015 Outstanding Student by the Stonehill College Department of Healthcare Administration.
Ouellet, a healthcare administration major from Amesbury, Massachusetts, has demonstrated a commitment to scholarship that exemplifies the habits of mind that Stonehill seeks to help students cultivate.
“Courtney has earned a stellar academic record, and has complemented it with an equally outstanding extra-curricular record,” says Rev. Thomas Gariepy, C.S.C. ’70, department chair and professor of healthcare administration.
Ouellet was an active member of the academic community during her time at Stonehill, serving as an officer in the Stonehill College Healthcare Society, and participating in the Center for Nonprofit Management’s Developing Fundraising Leaders Institute.
“Courtney’s maturity, poise and intellect guarantee her success is assuming a leadership position and in making a difference in this country’s chaotic healthcare system,” adds Gariepy. “The Healthcare Administration Department would like to clone her.”
Selected Activities and Achievements
- Inducted into Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society (healthcare administration)
- Inducted into Lambda Epsilon Sigma Honor Society (Stonehill College)
- Member of the Stonehill College Healthcare Society
- Participated in the Center for Nonprofit Management’s Developing Fundraising Leaders Institute
- Named on the Stonehill College dean’s list six times