In recognition of outstanding academic achievement, Caitlin Kowalski ’14 has been named the top student in the Biology Department for 2014.
A Biology major from Loudon, N.H., Caitlin has demonstrated a commitment to scholarship that exemplifies the habits of mind that Stonehill seeks to help students cultivate.
As a student, Caitlin has taken full advantage of the many opportunities that have been made available to her at Stonehill and has sought out opportunities of her own.
On her postgraduate plans, Caitlin says, “I will be attending Dartmouth College as a Ph.D. candidate in the Molecular and Cell Biology graduate program.”
Selected Activities & Achievements
- Dean’s list all semesters
- Completed an Honors Biology senior thesis, “The Polyphasic Taxonomy of a Potentially Novel Species of Methylobacterium”
- Ranked nationally on the major Biology field test in 2013
- Research assistant in Professor Rachel Hirst’s lab
- Treasurer of the Silent Witness Initiative