Brand Identity Standards
Stonehill College is competing with academic institutions across the nation and around the globe. Given this dynamic environment, it is increasingly important for us to express a single, compelling voice in everything we do.
The totality of the logo, visuals, and words we use to describe the College will enable us to establish and maintain a clear, unified brand identity, both within the College community and beyond.
This website provides general guidelines for the visual and verbal articulation of the Stonehill College brand, as well as specific directions for the application of our updated logo and related elements. We recommend that you refer to this guide whenever you develop marketing communications.
Voice and Tone
• Show me, don’t tell me (e.g. don’t just tell me you have successful graduates, use statistics and examples of employers and grad schools to show me that it’s true)
• Not overly formal
• Not overly wordy
• Don’t forget to define your call-to-action (if there is one) – Do you want the recipient to call a phone number? Visit a website? RSVP for an event?
Words/phrases to use:
• Active verbs: Challenge, champion, collaborate, explore, create, discover, experience, etc.
• Educate the whole person
• Creating a more just and compassionate world
• Community of scholarship and faith
• Making the world a better place is a key part of Catholic faith and the Stonehill experience
• Character and values
• Beautiful, vibrant, active campus
• Located just 22 miles from Boston
• Committed to diversity, equality, social justice, and the promotion of peace
• Successful outcomes
• Live lives that make a difference
• Dedicated, supportive faculty
• Individual attention
• Stonehill might be the right fit for you
• Statistics from Marketing Themes sheet (please contact us if you would like this sheet)
Words/phrases NOT to use:
• Never use a URL with numerals (e.g. stonehill.edu/x17542.xml); always find out what the semantic URL is (e.g. stonehill.edu/admissions.xml) and use that.
Description of Stonehill
Main Description of Stonehill:
Stonehill College is a welcoming, academically challenging community of 2,500 students on a beautiful, active campus located 22 miles south of Boston, offering easy access to internships, job opportunities, museums, sporting events, and more. Stonehill’s dedicated and supportive faculty mentor students in more than 80 diverse majors and minors in the liberal arts, sciences, and business. Stonehill is a vibrant place where students learn to think, act, and lead with courage toward the creation of a more just and compassionate world.
Located 22 miles from Boston, Stonehill is a selective Catholic college with a welcoming community and beautiful campus where dedicated, supportive faculty offer individual attention to students in 80+ academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, business, and pre-professional advising programs. Our ideal location offers easy access to jobs, museums, sports games, and more. Founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 1948, Stonehill is a vibrant community where students learn to live lives that make a difference. For additional examples of descriptions for athletics, First-Year Experience, LCs, proximity to Boston, study abroad, internships, successful outcomes, etc., please see the new viewbook.