An author search is used to find books by a person, organization or conference. If the requested author is listed under a different heading, the catalog will suggest the correct heading. Remember that authors can be persons (authors, poets, editors, translators, illustrators, artists, composers, performers, actors, and directors), companies, corporations, countries, government agencies or conferences.
|TO LOCATE BOOKS WRITTEN BY A PERSON: WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE |
- Type in last name first: Shakespeare, William
- Type in just the last name: shakespeare (capitalization isn't important) If you use this strategy you can browse the alphabetical listing of all authors close to shakespeare.
|TO LOCATE PUBLICATIONS BY AN ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY |
- Type in the name of the organization: American Chemical Society
|TO LOCATE MUSIC BY A COMPOSER OR MUSICAL ARTIST: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN |
- Type in the last name first: Springsteen, Bruce
- Type in just the last name: springsteen. If you use this strategy, you can browse the alphabetical listing of all authors close to springsteen.
|TO LOCATE MOVIES BY DIRECTOR OR BY ACTOR: MEL GIBSON |
- Type in last name first: Gibson, Mel
- Type in just the last name: gibson. If you use this strategy, you can browse the alphabetical listing of all authors close to gibson.
- Not sure of the spelling?
Type in as many letters as you know. For example, if you aren't sure how to spell Solzhenitsyn, type in solz. You can then browse all authors whose last names begin with solz.
- Don't have the right version of the name?
If you type Shelley, Mary into an Author search, you will be redirected to Shelly, Mary Wollstonecraft with a link. Just click on the link to be taken to the correct entry.