You can create a personal "user account" on Kanopy by selecting the "Sign in" button at the top right of the Kanopy website and creating a profile. There are a number of benefits you get from creating a profile, such as:
- You can edit films (e.g. create clips and playlists) and store these for later reference
- You can create watch-lists of your favorite films and store these for later reference.
- You can put links to your clips and mashups into your eLearn page, so that your students can watch the specific film segments you desire.
How to create a user profile?
- Access the Kanopy website, select the 'Sign In' button in the top right of the page.
- Create an account by either:
- Using your social media account (Facebook, Google)
- Select 'Sign up with your email address in seconds' to create a non-social media linked account
- Whenever you are signed in, you can access your ‘Dashboard’ from the top right. On the Dashboard, you can manage your personal profile details, your clips/playlists, watch list, recently watched, comments, and more.
- For More information about creating clips/playlists and mashups see here.