Cushing-Martin Archives Facility

Cushing-Martin Archives Facility

Cushing-Martin Hall

508-565-1121

Location, hours, and tours

In 1962, Stonehill College opened the Cushing-Martin Library. This building housed the College Library for over a quarter of a century, and was the first facility dedicated for this purpose. Following the opening of the MacPhaidin Library in 1998, Cushing-Martin Library became Cushing-Martin Hall after a series of renovations converted the building into a mixed use academic building. Today, Cushing-Martin Hall provides numerous classroom spaces, as well as being home to Career Services, the Cushing-Martin Gallery, the Archives and Historical Collections exhibit gallery, and the storage areas for several of the college’s historical collections, including the well-known Shovel Collection.

Collections housed in this building include: