Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Information Skills Curriculum: Over the past year, Reference Librarians have created a new Information Skills Curriculum, developed using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education. Our curriculum identifies specific learning goals for the different stages of a students’ studies at Stonehill College.
- Updates From the Summer: Learn more about the physical changes in the Library and updates to our databases.
- Learning Starts at the Library: Space in the DisCo and the Info Cafe are going fast! We already have 56 individual sessions booked for the Fall 2017 Semester! During the 2016-2017 academic year, librarians conducted 120 instruction sessions for 2125 students, with an additional 109 one-on-one research consultations for individuals and small groups.
- Welcome Allison Keaney! Allison Keaney is the Open Access Systems and Services Librarian. She oversees the circulation department including course reserves.
- Bring your devices to the DisCo! We are moving to a bring your own device model for the DisCo and have retired the HP Tablets. We will have five Chromebooks available for students and faculty to share.
- IT @ the Library: Information Technology Service Desk Students will again be available in the library to help with your technology questions from 6pm-10pm Sunday-Thursday starting soon! Find them at the Reference Desk on the first floor.
- Changes to MBLC Databases: The MA Board of Library Commissioners has updated its member databases. They have discontinued access to Business Insights Essentials and the GALE Virtual Reference Library. You can find all databases available to Stonehill users through the MBLC here. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introducing The Illustrated London News: The Library acquired the online Illustrated London News archive at the end of the Spring Semester. Learn more about this collection of primary source materials here.
- Special collections in the Library: On the second floor, you will see locked cabinets that contain special collections of rare materials, including the Edwin Honig Library and books from The Sr. Margherita Marchione Collection on Pius XII. These materials are available for teaching and research by request. If you have any questions please contact Nicole Casper.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!