Wednesday, October 21, 2015
This week, our newsletter features four classes that are working closely with librarians during the Fall Semester.
- iPad in Motion: This page includes helpful hints for getting started with iPads in the classroom, along with a list of apps common in Education. Here you can read more about some of the teaching tools discussed during the fall AD Day.
- Guerrilla Girls Broadband: Next week, the Moore Center for Gender Equity is bringing Guerrilla Girls Broadbandto campus for a number of events, which will be posted in the College Calendar. Want to read up on the group's history before their visit? The Library has the film Women Artists: the other side of the picture, as well as articles such as "Transgressive Techniques of the Guerrilla Girls" and "Guerrilla Girls and Guerrilla Girls Broadband: Inside Story."
- Staff Profiles on Facebook: Want to get to know the Library staff? Trying to remember which librarian met with your class so you can book a research appointment? We've been posting staff profiles to our Facebook Page.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month: We are surrounded by reminders in the pink ribbons that are all around us. From the products in the stores, to football players in pink we are surrounded by pink ribbons, but do they do any good? Click here to read more.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA websitefor schedules and satellite services.
- Faculty Publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- The Library is now on Instagram! Find us at @macphaidinlibrary.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!