Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Win Free Textbooks! Got a research paper or project coming up? Try our new conceptual discovery tool, Yewno, to save time and find high-quality academic sources. You’ll also be entered into our competition to win free textbooks for a term!
- Finals & Holiday Hours: View the library's hours during the exam period and upcoming holidays.
- One-On-One Consultations Available: Need help with a paper or a final project? Let the Reference librarians help you.
- Spring Course Reserves: Course reserve material requests for both print reserves and electronic reserves (via Ares/eLearn) should be brought to the Circulation Desk by Friday, December 9th.
- What's Up Thursdays: Join the Office of Intercultural Affairs this Thursday, December 1st from 12:00 - 1:00pm in the DisCo for the bi-weekly community conversation brown bag lunch series to deepen dialogue and reflection about national occurrences surrounding issues of diversity, inclusion, and social justice. This week's session topic is "The Search for Understanding and Reconciliation: Navigating Conversations After the Election."
- Dean's Forum: Professor Chris Ives of the Department of Religious Studies will present "A Buddhist Response to Laudato Si" on Friday, December 2nd in the south wing of the library beginning at 2:30pm.
- Yewno Webinar: Yewno is offering a webinar at 4:15pm on Thursday, December 8th, for those interested in an in-depth look at Yewno’s technology and how it works. The session covers the technology underpinning the Yewno platform, including the use of machine learning and computational linguistics, and how the results of this innovative approach can positively impact research outcomes. Information on registering for and accessing this free webinar is available here. If you have any questions or would like to consult with a librarian about using Yewno in your courses, please email your Subject Liaison.
- Open House for Susan Conant: Susan Conant will be retiring on December 31st, 2016. Please come by the Circulation area of the library for an afternoon coffee break to celebrate Susan Conant's 34 years of service on Thursday, December 8th from 2:00 - 4:00pm.
- Congratulations to Joe Middleton: Head Reference Librarian, Joe Middleton, will receive the Gaudete Award for 20 years of service to Stonehill on Saturday, December 10th at the Gaudete Award Celebration.
- Study Rooms are Filling Up Fast! Group study rooms may be booked online up to one week in advance. For more information on how to book a group study room, click here.
- Exam Period: Beginning on Thursday, December 1st, the library will be closed to the public. The library will remain open only to current Stonehill students and employees.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- New library discovery tool available for beta testing on campus! Stonehill joins MIT and Stanford as one of the first beta testers of Yewno's educational tool for discovery. More information is available on the Yewno LibGuide.
- Continuing the conversation on diversity from Academic Development week, the MacPhaidin Library has created a LibGuide on Diversity and Inclusion. This LibGuide will be updated so be sure to check back frequently.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!