Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- Debunking Thanksgiving Myths
- High Five a Librarian Day!
- One-on-One Consultations Available
- For Faculty: Copyright and Spring Course Packs
- Don Quixote rides again: This year is the 400th anniversary of Miguel de Cervantes's Don Quixote de la Mancha. In celebration, Professor Antonio Barbagallo will host a reading from Cervantes's masterwork on Thursday, November 19th at 6:30pm in the Library's South End. To read more about what Spain is doing to celebrate this anniversary, click here.
- Need help with citations? Try Refworks! This citation management system can help you keep track of all your sources and cite them in your papers.
- Faculty Writing Retreat and Learning Lab Survey: Faculty, please remember to take our survey! We will be collaborating with the Dean of Faculty and Information Technology to offer a morning writing retreat and afternoon lab sessions to help you prepare for the Spring semester.
- Faculty Book Launch: On Tuesday, December 1, at 4pm, Professor Karl Giberson will give a talk on his new book Saving the Original Sinner: How Christians Have Used the Bible's First Man to Oppress, Inspire, and Make Sense of the World. Please join us in the Library!
- Ready Shop Save - Bauman Print Sale: The Stonehill Archives & Historical Collections is currently offering a sale on all prints from its Stanley A. Bauman Photograph Collection. 5x7 prints are available for $5.00/each and 8x10 prints are available for $10/each, through December 2, 2015. For more information, contact Nicole Casper, 508-565-1396.
- Help us with our next Bauman exhibit: We are pleased to announce that the Stonehill Archives’ next exhibit will feature the Bauman Collection. Focusing on photos taken by Stanley Bauman in the 1950s and 1960s the exhibit will be installed in January 2016. Read more here.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- Faculty Publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- New Publication by Assistant Professor of Education Kate Marin: Coauthored by Kate Marin and RN Mitchell, "Examining the use of a structured analysis framework to support prospective teacher noticing" has been published in the December issue of the Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education. 18(6): 551-575.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!