Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Access: Stonehill students, faculty, and staff now have access to the Wall Street Journal through an institutional group pass.
- The Strand Theatre Fire Book Signing: On Friday, March 24, 2017, Nicole B. Casper and James E. Benson were at the library to talk about their new book, The Strand Theatre Fire: The 1941 Brockton Tragedy and the Fallen Thirteen, as well as sign copies. A copy of the book is available at the library.
- April is Celebrate Diversity Month: But what does this actually mean? As this 2014 blog post from Lee & Low points out, months devoted to concepts like "Diversity" and Heritage Months focused on particular cultures cause mixed emotions for many individuals and communities.
- Write a Limerick for National Poetry Month: Write a limerick about you, your friends, college life, the Library, or Stonehill! Enter the Library's poetry contest for a chance to win a prize!
- What's Up Thursday: Please join us this Thursday, March 30th at 12:00 p.m. in the DisCo for this bi-weekly brown bag lunch series sponsored by the Office of Intercultural Affairs. This week's topic will be "Promoting Social Justice Through Urban Agriculture." What is environmental justice and how can we spread awareness about this social justice issue in our community?
- Dean's Forum - March 31st: Please join us this Friday, March 30th at 2:30 p.m. in the DisCo as Professor Greg Shaw of the Department of Religious Studies presents "Hellenic Tantra: The Theurgic Platonism of Iamblichus."
- Disney Skype Series: Please join us Tuesday, April 4th at 7 p.m. in the DisCo for a Disney Skype series with Rolly Crump, an animator and designer who worked as an inbetweener and assistant animator on Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and One Hundred and One Dalmations before being moved to WED Imagineering.
- Morality of Military Technology - A Discussion of An Eye in the Sky: On Wednesday, April 5th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Martin Institute, there will be a discussion regarding the movie, An Eye in the Sky. Those who plan to attend are strongly advised to watch the movie. This movie is available via SWANK and searching for An Eye in the Sky.
- Dean's Forum - April 7th: Please join us next Friday, April 7th at 2:30 p.m. in the DisCo as Professor Paul DaPonte of the Department of Religious Studies presents.
- Tax Day is Tuesday, April 18th: Are you scrambling to submit your tax returns on time? Here are some helpful links to assist you with filing your federal and state returns.
- Study Rooms Are Available Two Weeks in Advance: As the end of the semester and final exams near, study rooms are in high demand. Take advantage of booking a study room online. For more information, click here.
- Need Help with Citations? The Library has a collection of citation guides to assist you with proper style and format. You can access the citation guides here. If you need additional help, contact one of the reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a Study Break in the Library: Need a fun way to take a break from studying? Grab a friend, come to the library, and browse the selection of games available. We have popular board games such as Sorry, Jenga, checkers, Bananagrams, and much more. Games are available on the credenza next to Ace's Place. Please be sure to return the game and all of its pieces when you are finished for the next person to enjoy.
- Visit the CWAA: Want some feedback on a paper? Want to review course content? Visit the peer tutors in the Center for Writing and Academic Achievement (CWAA), Room 314 in the library! Please check the CWAA website for schedules and satellite services.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!