WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2015
- Book a Tablet in the Library! Tablets are now available to borrow in the library! You can borrow a tablet to use anywhere in the building, but these tablets are an especially great way to take advantage of the Flynn Discovery and Collaboration Space (the DisCo).
- Stonehill's First Female Graduate A member of the Class of 1953, Luice Moncey has the distinction of being the first female graduate at Stonehill.
- Celebrating Pi Day While you were enjoying Spring Break, Pi Day was celebrated all over the world. If you missed it, don’t worry!
- Assessment in Action with Trish McPherson The Assessment in Action team at Stonehill studied the impact of library instruction on novice Spanish-language learners’ ability to meet the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages Standards for Foreign Language Learning.
- Going home for Easter? Borrow a Nook or Kindle, or read up on off-campus access to Library databases and ebooks.
- Hours over Easter break: Check our website for information on Library hours during the revised Easter break schedule.
- Call for FLPP applications: The Library is now accepting applications for 2015-2016 Faculty Librarian Partnership Program participants. Read more and access the application form here.
- Help us celebrate National Poetry Month: Send us your poems! April is National Poetry Month, so send us your favorite poems, or a poem you've written. The Library will be selecting from what we receive for a Poetry Madness Bracket in April. Stay tuned to see what is selected and watch for the bracket to cast your votes! To submit a poem, email email@example.com.
- More ebooks, better research Do you want a say in the Library’s eBook collection? Thanks to our newest system for purchasing ebooks, now you can help us decide what to buy!
- Visit the CWAA: Don’t forget, skilled peer tutors are available to assist you with course content and writing assignments. Access the CWAA drop-in schedule here.
- Faculty publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- Blog Stories: Do you have other stories you'd like to see featured on our Library Blog? If you have ideas for stories, links to pertinent articles, or other resources you’d like to see featured on our website, please email Liz Chase.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!