Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- Blind Date With A Book: This February, why not go on a blind date with a book? You could discover your new favorite book, or just find something fun to read. And if it doesn’t work out, we have a lot more options to choose from!
- More to Browsers Than You Think: Most of us have our “default” browser: the application we always head to when searching the internet for fun, or doing research, and even using library databases. However, did you know that some products may not function the same across all browsers?
- Meet LibChat: If you’ve visited any of our LibGuides pages recently, you may have noticed a green “Ask Us!” button, just like the one on your left, hanging out on the left-hand side of your browser. You can use this button to start a chat with a reference librarian.
- LibAnswers, Your Local Knowledge Base: What is a knowledge base? Our knowledge base, LibAnswers, is a local database built and maintained by the Library’s Reference team. Here, we record answers to common questions about everything from the Library’s collections, our databases, accessing technology, printer problems, to “Where are the bathrooms?”
- Webinar Screening: "Active Learning Classrooms - Enhancing Education with Integrated Technology." On Thursday, February 20th, at 4pm, the Library will host a screening of this Webinar in Room 116. The Webinar examines how to integrate "innovative teaching pedagogies, architecture, and technology to enhance student learning experiences" in your classroom. If you cannot attend the screening but wish to access the webinar, please email Liz Chase.
- Looking for Valentine's Day readings? Visit our homepage and scroll down to view our "Book Ribbon," a list of suggested titles selected by your Librarians.
- Library Tech Notes: We will also be using this newsletter to keep the Stonehill College community informed about new technologies, new database offerings, and other updates about online Library Resources. This month, the Library has decided to upgrade from Academic Search Premier to Academic Search Complete. More information will follow when the upgrade is complete, but this change will provide the community with access to nearly 4,000 additional full-text, peer-reviewed journals from a wide range of disciplines!
- From the Archives: Stride Rite Group recently donated this Shoe Fitting Flouroscope to the Archives as part of the Shoe Industry collections.