WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2014
- Student Perspectives: Studying Abroad Gavin Damore writes to us from Goldsmiths College at the University of London.
- #blacklivesmatter Over the past few weeks you have probably heard the names Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, John Crawford, and others. If you are interested in reading more about what scholars and activists have to say about race and privilege in America, or if you are seeking advice on how to talk about current events and issues, we have created a list of possible starting points.
- Refworks Citation Manager “I wish I learned about this sooner, It would have saved me tons of time.”
- Faculty Perspective: James Bohn on researching in the Disney Archives In our newest Perspectives Series, we’re featuring Faculty stories of their own research experiences. Our first story is from James Bohn, Teaching Fellow of Visual and Performing Arts.
- 24/5 During Exams! We are happy to announce that all floors of the MacPhaidin Library will be open extended hours during the exam period. OPEN: Sunday Dec. 7 at 10:00AM continuously until Sun. Dec. 14 at 1:00AM and OPEN: Sunday Dec. 14 at 10:00AM continuously until Thur. Dec. 18 at 4:30PM Students please use your Hillcard for access after 9:00PM; before 8:00AM weekdays and before Noon on weekends.
- Holiday Hours: The Library will close at noon on December 19th, and will be closed December 20th-January 4th. On December 22nd and 23rd, the Library will be open to Stonehill Employees only. Please ring the doorbell or call ahead for access. From January 5th-9th, during Intersession, the Library will be open from 8:30am-5:30pm.
- Stress Relief Events: There are numerous stress relief events happening on campus this week, including chair massages in the Library from 7-9pm on December 14th and 15th!
- Looking for a computer? Try the 3rd Floor! If you are having trouble finding a computer station in the Library, visit the 3rd floor, Room 313, where there are 21 new and fast computers!
- Managing Your Research: It’s easy to get overwhelmed when it comes to the question of citations. We can help
- Visit the CWAA: Don’t forget, skilled peer tutors are available to assist you with course content and writing assignments. Access the CWAA drop-in schedule here.
- Electronic Reserves Changes: We have a new system, Ares, in place for managing electronic reserves for the spring semester. Materials you wish to place on electronic reserve will now be linked from your e-learn course page directly to our online electronic reserve product.
- Lost and Found in the Library: Did you leave a flashdrive or other personal item in the Library? If so, check with Circulation to see if anyone turned your items in to our Lost and Found.
- Active Learning Technologies Reading Group: Our second meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 11th at 2pm. We will be discussing an article focused on Problem Based Learning. More information is available here.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!