WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2015
- Poetry Madness: Help the Library celebrate National Poetry Month with Poetry Madness!
- Library Open 24/5 During Finals: View our detailed listing of hours for the Spring 2015 final exam period.
- Faculty: Nineteenth-Century Journals Now More Accessible: These journals, donated to us many years ago by the New Bedford and Fall River public libraries, are especially great resources for faculty as you start putting together syllabi for next year.
- Money Smart Week: The American Library Association in conjunction with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is sponsoring Money Smart Week taking place April 18-25, 2015.
- Museum Studies Class Reception: Students in Erica Tucker's Introduction to Museum Studies course have been working with college archivist Nicole Casper to enhance the Shovel Collection's in-person and online visitor experience. Join them for a reception and tour the collection on May 1st from 3:30-5:30 in Cushing Martin Hall.
- Just for fun: Libraries have been having a lot of fun with current chart toppers. Need a study break? Check out these parodies of Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, and Meghan Trainor: “Unread Book,” “Check it Out” and “All About the Books.”
- Have a major research paper due? Book a one-on-one research appointment with a Librarian for assistance!
- Overwhelmed by citations? We can help!
- Now What? If you’ve ever done research on Google or Google Scholar, you’ve probably gotten to a page asking you to pay to access an article. Don’t do it! The Library can help you access the information you need for free. Read more here.
- Book a Tablet in the Library: Tablets are now available to borrow for use anywhere in the Library, but they are an especially great way to take advantage of the DisCo.
- Visit the CWAA: Don’t forget, skilled peer tutors are available to assist you with course content and writing assignments. Access the CWAA drop-in schedule here.
- Don't forget to return your books! As the semester winds down, be sure to check for any library or Interlibrary loan books, videos, or CDs you need to return before heading out!
- Faculty publications: If you are a faculty member with a recent publication, we encourage you to submit your publication information to Liz Chase so that we may include your news in our Library Newsletter.
- Blog Stories: Do you have other stories you'd like to see featured on our Library Blog? If you have ideas for stories, links to pertinent articles, or other resources you’d like to see featured on our website, please email Liz Chase.
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!