Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- The MacPhaidin Library Turns 20: See pictures from the tree topping ceremony held on September 3, 1997.
- Prof. Duncan Speaks on Anti-Intellectualism: As the recipient of last year's Hegarty Award, Prof. Helga Duncan delivered a thoughtful, engaging speech at this year's Convocation.
- Information Skills Curriculum: Over the past year, Reference Librarians have created a new Information Skills Curriculum, developed using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education. Our curriculum identifies specific learning goals for the different stages of a students’ studies at Stonehill College.
- Updates From the Summer: Learn more about the physical changes in the Library and updates to our databases.
- Understanding the DACA Announcement: The Library has compiled a list of resources for those who want to know more about President Trump's announcement.
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Reminder, FYE in the Library: From September 19-22, each of the First-Year Experience sections will be visiting the library for an introduction to Library, IT, and CWAA services. Expect the first floor to be very busy from 10am-5:15pm. Students looking for study space are encouraged to use the second and third floors.
- Learning Starts at the Library: Space in the DisCo and the Info Cafe are going fast! We already have 84 individual sessions booked for the Fall 2017 Semester! During the 2016-2017 academic year, librarians conducted 120 instruction sessions for 2125 students, with an additional 109 one-on-one research consultations for individuals and small groups.
- Welcome Allison Keaney! Allison Keaney is the Open Access Systems and Services Librarian. She oversees the circulation department including course reserves.
- Constitution Day: In December 2004, West Virginia's Democratic Senator, the late Robert C. Byrd, offered an amendment to designate September 17 as Constitution and Citizenship Day.
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition Available: This September, the University of Chicago Press released its first update to the Chicago Manual of Style in seven years. A print copy of the new edition is available at the reference desk, and our online links have been updated to reflect this; the 16th edition remains available online.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!