Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- 4 Days, 40 Sessions: Read our wrap-up of FYE's new Digital and Information Skills week!
- You Asked, We Answered: Introducing the Library's new workshop series. In response to study survey feedback, we asked students to vote on the workshops that sounded most interesting to them, and selected workshop topics to address common concerns that students may have.
- What Can I Book? You can book group study rooms and book appointments with a librarian, all online.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month: Working together, United States cultural organizations including the National Gallery of Art, the Library of Congress, the Smithsonian, the National Archives, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, the National Park Service, and the National Endowment for Humanities, celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month each year from September 15 to October 15.
- #AskAnArchivist Day: October 4, 2017, is Ask An Archivist Day. Today, archivists around the country are available to respond to questions on social media using the hashtag #AskAnArchivist. Visit Stonehill College Archives on Instagram or email Nicole Casper for answers to your College Archives questions!
- What's Up Thursday - President Trump at the United Nations: On Thursday, October 5th, the What's Up Thursdays brown bag lunch will be in the Digital Lab (Library 106) 12:00 p.m.
- Library Hours This Weekend: Visit the Library Hours page for information on Library hours over fall break.
- Faculty Research Forum: Please join us Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:30pm for our next Faculty Research Forum. Professor of Economics Akira Motomura will speak about his research on the job seeking behaviors of NBA players. His talk is entitled, "Do imminent job seekers act more selfishly? Evidence from the National Basketball Association."
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Stonehill Pride Week: The Second Annual Stonehill Pride Week takes place October 16th-20th! For more information about events during Pride Week, visit the "Upcoming Events" page for the Office of Intercultural Affairs.
- The GPO has issued digital copies of the Historical Congressional Record for the 1920s: The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) partners with the Library of Congress to release the digital version of the bound Congressional Record from 1921-1930 on GPO's govinfo. This release covers the debates and proceedings of the 67th through the 71st Congresses, and historical topics such as Prohibition, The Immigration Act of 1924, and The Stock Market Crash of 1929.
- Keep an eye out for Library Easter Eggs! Each month, the Library will share trivia and fun facts or ask you to share your favorite things about the Library on our social media, for the chance to win prizes. This first Easter Egg is easy: the first person to email Liz Chase (email@example.com) and mention the newsletter will win a Jolt Charger!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!