Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Holiday Gift Wrapping Station Coming Soon! Finals are stressful enough without all of the tasks that come with the holiday season. We’ll have a fully stocked gift wrapping station in the alcove to the right of the print room, and you are welcome to use all of the supplies to wrap your gifts.
- Seven Tips For Putting The Finishing Touches On Your Final Papers: You’ve written a paper that you think is good, but there are a few things you may want to do before handing it in to make sure you’re submitting your best work.
- Meet Seamus Farrelly: Seamus Farrelly is a familiar face in the MacPhaidin Library! We sat down with Seamus to learn more about him, what he likes about the library, and the impact he’s had.
- Exam Hours: Visit the Library Hours page to see which days we'll be open 24 hours during the final exam period!
- Faculty Research Forum December 1st: Join us in the MacPhaidin Library South End at 2:30pm on Friday, December 1st, for a presentation by Professor of Marketing Geoffrey Lantos, entitled "The Caring Corporation: Using Care Ethics to Determine Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility's and Altruistic Corporate Social Responsibility's Morality, Stakeholder Priorities, and Domain."
- Bibliography How-To Video Resources: Do you have questions about how to manage your citation and create a bibliography? Have you been getting questions about this from your students? We can help!
- Security Certificate Warnings in Library Resources: The library provides off-campus access to databases via a proxy server; due to websites increasing their security protocols, we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of security certificate warnings received when trying to access resources.
- Displaying Full-Text PDFs Within Browser Windows: We are aware that you may experience trouble with databases displaying full text PDFs within browser windows; visit this webpage for assistance.
- View our Faculty/Alumni Publications Board: Our Pinterest boards include a space to highlight faculty and alumni publications! Have one you don’t see there? Let us know!
- Faculty fall instruction survey: If your class worked with a librarian this semester, this week you will receive a survey requesting your feedback on your instruction experience. Please contact Liz Chase if you have any questions about the survey.
- Studying Abroad This Spring? You will still have access to Library databases and ebook collections using Stonehill username and password. Before you leave for the semester, be sure to set up your Group Access passes for the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, and have fun!
- For Faculty – Spring Reserves: Course reserve material requests for both print reserves and electronic reserves (via Ares/eLearn) should be brought to the Circulation Desk by Friday, December 8th. Faculty who are planning on using a course pack for the spring semester should bring all materials to the Circulation Desk by Friday, December 1st before bringing materials to the Document Center for printing.
- Check out our Holiday movie book ribbon on the Library's home page, and send your favorite holiday movie title to Liz Chase for a chance to win a prize.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and visit our Pinterest page!