Cortijo brings a wealth of research experience to the Business Administration Department at Stonehill, having served as a research fellow at Rutgers University and the Polytechnic Institute of Setubal in Portugal.
Since 2002, Cortijo has also worked as both a researcher and teaching assistant at the Department of Accounting and Information Systems at the University of Huelva. Her research focused on information technologies, business reporting and international financial reporting standards. She has published in leading academic journals including the Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, the International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, and the International Journal of Disclosure & Governance.
Cortijo co-authored the book Analisis de Estados Financieros(Financial Statement Analysis), published by Pearson in 2009. Since 2008, she has worked as an assistant editor and ad hoc referee for the International Journal of Digital Accounting Research. Cortijo has also served as an Erasmus coordinator at several universities in the UK, Netherlands and Portugal.
- B.A., Business Administration, University of Huelva (Spain)
- M.A., Teaching, University of Huelva (Spain)
- Ph.D., Accounting and Information Systems, University of Huelva (Spain)
- Information Technologies
- Business Reporting
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- 2012-2013 Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Research Grant (Project "Exploring the reasons that may motivate Stonehill students to use Facebook as an educational tool").
- 2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers Inquires Grant Program (Project "Incorporating IFRS into the Accounting Curriculum").
- Best PhD award from the University of Huelva
- 2008 Best Erasmus Coordinator
- Best paper award for the paper: “Modelo Galileo: en busca de la confianza perdida”, Spanish Accounting and Business Management Association, Madrid (2006).
- Best paper award for the paper “Changing business environment and the value relevance of accounting information”, coauthored with Dan Palmon and Ari Yezegel; Digital Accounting Research Conference, Huelva, Spain (2005).
- Best undergraduate student award from Regional Department of the Treasury and CEPSA.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Business in Spanish
- First Year Experience Seminar