Dr. Margaret Boyd earned her B.A. in Sociology and Psychology from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada and her Masters in Social Work from Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada. Dr. Boyd worked as a social worker and taught Sociology and Social Policy in London, England before moving to the United States to begin her doctoral work.
While pursuing her doctoral studies Dr. Boyd had a one year appointment as a Visiting Lecturer in Sociology at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada and one year appointment in Sociology at Stonehill College. She has taught Sociology and Social Work students at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Dr. Boyd is presently working on a three year U.S. Department of Education grant based in Providence R.I. evaluating professional development training for early childhood educators and outcomes for children.
- B.A. Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- M.S.W. Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada
- Ph.D. Boston University
- Introduction to Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Introduction to Sociology
- Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- Sociology of Marriage & Family