Dr. John A. Schatzel is professor of accounting at Stonehill College where he received the Dean's Award for Academic Leadership and served as Director of its Master of Science in Accountancy Program. He currently holds the John P. McDonough Research Fellowship in Accounting. He has published articles and an accounting systems textbook.
Dr. Schatzel is a member of the American Accounting Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- D.B.A., Boston University
- M.S.A., University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.S.B.A., State University of New York at Albany
- Received a Best Manuscript Award from the American Accounting Association Northeast Regional Teaching and Curriculum Section
- Received the National Award on Innovation in Accounting Education from the American Accounting Association
- Social and environmental accounting
- Business ethics
- Behavioral factors in judgment and decision-making
- Instructional technology
- BUS 203 Financial Accounting
- BUS 316 Accounting Systems
- BUS 417 Auditing
- BUS 616 Advanced Accounting Technology and Systems
- BUS 617 Advanced Auditing