Head of the makeup department:
- The Forger, starring John Travolta and Christopher Plummer.
- Miramax feature Outside Providence,
- Samuel Goldwyn Films feature Passionada
- Warner Brothers feature The Clique, Osmosis Jones, and Locked In
Other film work includes:
- Paramount Pictures: Shutter Island, War Of The Worlds
- Twentieth Century Fox features: Fever Pitch, Stuck On You, Shallow Hal, and Me, Myself and Irene
- Universal features: Meet Joe Black, The Fighter, Little Black Book, Thirteen Days, Mona Lisa Smile, The Human Stain, Moonlight Mile, Session 9, Prozac Nation, and Lift
- German feature: Private Lies
- Makeup artist for Michael Douglas in Ghost of Girlfriends Past and created the old age makeup for Breckin Meyer for the same film.
ZOOM, NBC’s Saturday Night Live, Providence, Dateline, Unsolved Mysteries, Rivera Live, and the Today Show, CBS’s 60 Minutes, Face The Nation and ABC’s The Century, Good Morning America, Prime Time Live and the miniseries The Kennedys of Massachusetts.
Rossi has designed makeup for many PBS programs including: We Shall Remain and God in America.
He has provided makeup services for many national political figures including President Clinton,
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Vice President Albert Gore.
Filmed commercials and video work include special makeup for Pink Floyd, Converse, Sheraton, MTV,VH1, John Hancock, Laura Ashley and Hasbro/Playskool.
Special makeup designed for Christopher Reeve in Death Takes a Holiday, Robert Foxworth inCyrano de Bergerac, Margaret Colin in Private Lies and Cameron Mitchell in Battle for the Lost Planet II.
His special effects team designed makeup for NBC’s Lost Subs K-19, the BBC series Timewatch shown on the A&E network and he designed the live action Count Chocula for General Mills.
He has also provided makeup for: Charles Durning, Molly Shannon, Yo Yo Ma, Larry Bird, Ted Danson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Larry King, Julia Stiles, Chris Elliott, Patti Lupone
and Carly Simon.
He has designed makeup for the world premiere productions of the Philip Glass opera Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Richard Foreman and The Balcony, directed by Sarah Caldwell, performed at the Bolshoi in Moscow. Other international credits include a televised production of the opera La Boheme in Mexico and Opera Metropolitana in Caracas. He was makeup designer for the Ronald Reagan/George Bush Inaugural Concerts at the KennedyCenter.
Stage credits include the American Repertory Theatre, Arena Stage, The Huntington Theatre, Great Lakes Theater Festival, TheaterWorks and Trinity Repertory Company. He has designed makeup for many opera companies including Opera Company of Boston, New York City Opera, Boston Lyric Opera and the Washington Opera.
Rossi has taught master classes,workshops and classes for Boston University, Emerson College, Salve Regina University, Stonehill College and The New England Theatre Conference.
Recent publications include updating the chapters on film and television makeup and photo contributions to the book Stage Makeup by Richard Corson and James Glavan.