Ms. Halpert has been dancing, teaching, and designing for over thirty years. Her costume credits include more than 60 plays as well as the Muppets film, A Dark Crystal. She has designed and built costumes for professional theatre (e.g., Playwrights Horizons, NY, The Lyric Stage, Boston, Massachusetts), and taught both dance and theater at North Adams State College, Williams College, Graham Junior College, Jersey City State College, Boston University and Stonehill College.
Ms. Halpert was originally trained in the Vaganova technique with Andre Eglevsky, former principal male dancer of The New York City Ballet.She continued her ballet studies at Adelphi University, Skidmore College, American Ballet Center. She learned Graham techniques at the Fiedel School, and Skidmore College.
Recent projects and exhibits include: Costumes designed for "Frankenstein Virtuoso" and "Dancing at Lughnasa", Beyond The Footlights, Cushing Martin Gallery, Stonehill College, The Robert Bennet Forbes House, Milton, Ma., The Faculty Art Exhibit, Cushing Martin Gallery, Stonehill College
- B.S., Dance/Theatre, Skidmore College
- M.F.A. Program, Costume Design, Boston University
- Adelphi University: with a concentration in Classical Ballet and West African Dance
- The American Ballet Center, School of American Ballet Theatre: Classical Ballet
- The Fiedel School : Modern Dance Andre Eglevsky: Classical Ballet
- Student Mentor, Alcone Make Up Competition, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
- Milton Cultural Council
- Outstanding Costume Design and Construction; Playhouse Creatures-American College Theatre Festival, JFK Center, Washington D.C.
- Dance & Movement