Professor Yang, Ph.D., is currently an Assistant Professor at Stonehill College in the Department of Education Studies. She came to Stonehill after having spent 3 years as an Assistant Professor at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's Curriculum and Instruction Department. She has 9 years of experience as a high school physics teacher in Korea and has also spent 4 years as a research assistant at Iowa State University.
Professor Yang's research focuses on implementing inquiry strategies into science classrooms. Her research interests also expand into teacher education and writing strategies in science learning. She is a recipient of the Outstanding Paper Award from the National Association for Research in Science Teaching and has numerous publications in the area of science education.
- B.S., Physics, Korea University
- M.S., Curriculum and Instructional Technology, Iowa State University
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction, Science Education, Iowa State University
- Assessment and Analysis in Education
- Teaching to Learn Course and Practicum Teacher Residency Program 5-12 Level