O'Hea brings an extensive academic and professional background to the psychology department. Most recently, she was an Assistant Professor of Psychology at La Salle University as well as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She also served as the Director of the Division of Behavioral Medicine at The Cooper Cancer Institute at Cooper University Hospital in Voorhees, NJ.
In addition to her appointment at Stonehill, O'Hea will conduct practice and research through an appointment as an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
The recipient of several grants which include funding from the National Institutes of Health, O'Hea's research interests include health locus of control, coping with breast cancer, and the adoption of healthy lifestyle behaviors. In 2009, she received the New Jersey Cancer Research Excellence Award for her research on breast cancer.
- B.A., Psychology, Lafayette College
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Connecticut College
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Louisiana State University
- International Politics
- Contemporary Global Issues
- International Political Econ
- International Organizations & State Building
- Ethnicity & Conflict Management