Friedrich-Schiller-Universität, Jena, Germany
- Einführung in die Philosophie des Mittelalters, Lectures on the main themes in medieval philosophy.
- Der Begriff des Glücks im griechischen Altertum und Mittelater, Seminar on the philosophical ideal of happiness in ancient and medieval philosophy.
- Introduction to Philosophy: The main themes in Western thought from the ancient Greeks to modern philosophers.
- Ethics: Current moral problems with reference to the historical roots of moral theory.
- Early Greek Philosophy: The view of reality from the religious tradition to the predecessors of Socrates.
- Plato: Seminar on selected dialogues.
- Aristotle: Selected topics in metaphysics, epistemology and ethics.
- Medieval Philosophy: The importance of the concept of being and the problem of knowledge in the writings of medieval philosophers.
- Heidegger, Nietzsche and the Greeks: Senior seminar on the influence of ancient thinkers on Heidegger and Nietzsche.
- Heidegger: Senior seminar on the Introduction to Metaphysics and the Discourse on Thinking.
- Mythology and Morality: A course examining the origins of ethical ideals and the influence of mythic figures who serve as moral paradigms.
- Contemporary Perspectives on Classical Philosophical Problems: Seminar examining the way in which philosophical ideas may be introduced through a study of literature, music and films.
- Practical Wisdom and the Moral Tradition: Advanced seminar concerning the genesis of ethical action and the way in which the moral tradition shapes, and is altered by, individual acts.
- Phenomenology and Existentialism: The major themes of Sartre, Nietzsche and Kierkegaard with special reference to the problems of ethics.
University of Toronto
- Medieval and Classical Latin.