We administer both the Federal Work Study Program (FWSP) and a Student Employment Program (SEP).
Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP)
Federal Work-Study is a federally-subsidized part-time employment program administered by the College.
FWSP students might be employed by Stonehill; a federal, state, or local public agency; a private nonprofit organization; or a private for-profit organization. FWSP students are given priority for work-study jobs during the first four weeks of school.
Student Employment Program (SEP)
The Student Employment Program is an on-campus part-time employment program funded and administered by the College. Students ineligible for the need-based FWSP may be employed through SEP, after the first month of school.
Important notes regarding FWSP and SEP:
- The work award amount shown on the Financial Aid Award Letter is not a guaranteed financial resource, but rather a limit to the amount you may earn during the academic year through FWSP or SEP.
- The work award is earned by working part-time in a position posted online by Student Financial Services. SEP recipients may not apply for off-campus positions.
- Exceeding a work award may result in the loss of other sources of aid. Students must monitor and pace their earnings so that they do not exceed the award amount.
- Because it is your responsibility to monitor your earnings, contact Student Financial Services at 508-565-1088, Duffy, Room 103, to discuss options if earnings approach the value of the work award.
- Paychecks are issued via direct deposit for hours worked on a biweekly basis; therefore, the award amount is not deducted from your tuition bill.
- Incoming and/or first-time students with a FWSP award will be sent instructions and employment paperwork over the summer.
- Students are not eligible to begin working prior to notification of approval. Students not given an employment award may request consideration in Student Financial Services after the fourth week of school.
The following are required to be completed to be eligible for employment:
- FAFSA for Federal Work-Study; FAFSA and/or a CSS PROFILE for Student Employment
- Federal Work-Study Award and/or Stonehill Employment Award
- W-4 Form
- M-4 Form
- I-9 Form presented with: either an original Social Security Card, birth certificate, or original passport and additional form of ID (i.e. Stonehill I.D. or driver’s license)
- Direct Deposit Form (will need your bank routing and account number to complete)