The 2013 Alumni Auction will be a special night to remember Fr. John McCarthy, C.S.C. who passed away in 2003. Known by many in the Stonehill community as "Father Mac," McCarthy worked in Campus Ministry from 1964 until 1992 when he became the College's first Alumni Minister. During his time on campus he forged many bonds, mentored students, cheered on student-athletes and befriended many.
The Auction Committee will mark the 10th anniversary of Father Mac's passing by remembering him at this gala event and donating the proceeds to the scholarship fund established in his name back in 2003. The McCarthy Scholarship has already assisted several student athletes and this year's Auction looks to broaden its impact even more. In addition to raising money for the scholarship fund, the Auction will also benefit the Sports Complex Renovation Project to have the indoor track named after our beloved Father Mac.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate an Item: Our event will feature more than 300 donated items - everything from gift certificates and jewelry to tickets to events and antiques. Our donation form can be completed online.
- Purchase an Ad: Our program booklet includes an advertising section and we encourage alumni and small businesses to take advantage of this opportunity. Prices range from $125 to $500. Alumni can also purchase an Ad to share a personal remembrance of or tribute to Fr. McCarthy.
EVENT INFO: (download event invitation)
The Auction will be held on campus in the Martin Institute on Saturday, November 2nd.
5:30m - 6:00pm - Auction Preview and VIP Cocktail Party
6:00pm-7:15pm - Silent Auction and Cocktails
7:15pm - Surf & Turf Dinner followed by the Live Auction
Tickets are $60 per person or $480 per reserved table of eight. OR "Friend of Father Mac" VIP Tickets are available for $100 per person or $800 per reserved table of eight. VIP ticket holders are welcome to attend the Auction Preview and VIP Cocktail Party and will receive special gifts during the evening. To register for the event online, click here.
Proxy bidding will be offered on our Featured Items for interested buyers not able to attend the Auction. Contact the Alumni Office for details on proxy bidding and return to see an updated list of Featured Items.
1. A bucket-list African Safari vacation for two! Enjoy a week at the Sanbonani Spa and Resort in South Africa with a personal guide. Trip is scheduled for August 15-22, 2014.
2. Dinner for eight with Stonehill's new President, Rev. John Denning, C.S.C.
3. Four tickets to a live taping of the hit NBC show, The Voice.
Stephanie (Maher Benz) '96 and Joanne (Collins) Harrington '69 - Auction 2013 Co-Chairs
Marsha (Gomes) Armando '94, Paula (Anteski) Arms '68, Jason Boyd '01, Jim Breen '81, Cathy Campbell '96, Sue (Noblin) Cantelli '05, Fr. Jim Chichetto, CSC '64, Joan (Christoph) Doherty '68, Christine Ferretti '92, Arlene Giannaros, Roni Green Herlihy '68, Cathy (Manning) Guyette '82, Brandon Hall '02, Jeanne (Duverger) Hurley '68, Pam (Rabouin) Jensen '05, Jack Kelly '52, Steve Kerr '77, Herb King '58, Paula Koczera '01, Peter LaBouliere '70, Diane (Griffin) Lambert '70, Roberta (Jennings) Maher '68, Bill McAndrew '70, Stephanie (D'Antonio) McSweeney '93, Janet (Sweeney) Michel '70, John Noblin '69, Cheryl (Noonan) Noblin '71, Kathleen (Higgins) Olson '97, Barbara (Freitas) Palladino '68, Dianne Qualter Mooney '89, Maria (Boyle) Richard '68, Allison Ross '05, Amanda Ross '11, Linda (Demarkles) Sarro '86, Brooke (Albert) Schlittler '04, Lou Silva '58, Lucy Smith '74, Marylou (Hutchinson) Sullivan '80, Bob Trostel, Bill Weldon '67, Deb (O'Donnell) Wenstrom '89
Please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at email@example.com or 508-565-1343 for more information or to participate in the Alumni Auction 2013 effort.