Attending Transfer Friday is the perfect way for potential transfer students to learn about our general education program, academic majors and advising program for transfers. You’ll learn about the admission process and financial aid, meet students who successfully transferred to Stonehill, and take a tour of our beautiful campus.
Topics will include:
- Admission process
- Acceptance criteria
- Credit transfer policies
- Financial aid
- Check in at the Irish Studies Library on the first floor of Donahue Hall
1:00-1:30 Admissions and Enrollment
- The transfer application process and the timeline for admission decisions
- The structure of the Stonehill academic program
- The core curriculum, learning communities and experiential learning opportunities
1:30-1:50 Academic Services and Advising
- How the transfer credit evaluation process works
- Which core curriculum courses Stonehill will accept for transfer credit
- The transfer advising process and academic resource help that is available
1:50-2:10 Student Aid and Finance
- What financial aid forms are required and what types of aid are offered
- When financial aid awards are sent out
- How can I appeal my financial aid award?
2:15-2:45 Transfer Student Panel Discussion
- 3 current transfer students will discuss student life, activities, sports, academics, etc.
- Current transfers will give hints on maximizing your experience at Stonehill
2:45-4:00 Campus Tour
- Conducted by tour guides and current transfer students