Stonehill students are individuals who crave moral, spiritual, intellectual and social growth. Leading with courage and compassion, they combine rigorous academic inquiry and cooperative learning with personal responsibility and the will to act.
Stonehill students thrive in a community of free inquiry and intellectual exploration. They are purposeful scholars, reasoned critics and creative thinkers.
If you seek an education of the highest caliber, you are the student we wish to teach.
Each student has a unique background and we want to put your academic record into the proper context. The following factors are the primary focus of our consideration:
- Strength of high school curriculum: The courses you have taken in each subject area within the context of what your high school offers.
- Cumulative GPA: The grades you’ve earned across your high school career.
- Class rank: If provided.
- Recommendations: One from your guidance/college counselor and at least one from a teacher.
- Extracurricular activities: We are an active campus looking for active students.
- Personal statement (essay): A chance for us to hear your voice and learn more about you as a person.
- Standardized test scores: Stonehill is test optional. You may submit SAT or ACT scores if you believe they will benefit the review of your application.
Class of 2017
- 620 freshman, 41% men, 59% women
- 43% enrolled as liberal arts majors, 11% enrolled as business majors and 16% enrolled as science majors
- average rank-in-class for middle 50%: 9%-29%
- average ACT composite score for middle 50%: 23-28*
- average SAT Reading and Math combined score for middle 50%: 1580-1860*
In High School
- 72% completed at least 1 Advanced Placement (AP) course
- 37% completed 3 or more AP courses
- 71% took part in community service or volunteer work
- 78% played a varsity sport
- 45% served as captain for their varsity team
- 73% participated in student government or leadership activites
- 35% were involved in dance, music and/or drama
- 10% were active in newspaper, yearbook or literary magazine.
- 65% held a part-time job
*Stonehill is test optional; data as of June 2013