Each student has a unique background and we want to put your academic record into the proper context. The following factors are the primary focus of our consideration:
- Strength of high school curriculum: The courses you have taken in each subject area within the context of what your high school offers.
- Cumulative GPA: The grades you’ve earned across your high school career.
- Class rank: If provided.
- Recommendations: One from your guidance/college counselor and at least one from a teacher.
- Extracurricular activities: We are an active campus looking for active students.
- Personal statement (essay): A chance for us to hear your voice and learn more about you as a person.
- Standardized test scores: Stonehill is test optional. You may submit SAT or ACT scores if you believe they will benefit the review of your application.
Class of 2017
- 620 freshman, 41% men, 59% women
- 43% enrolled as liberal arts majors, 11% enrolled as business majors and 16% enrolled as science majors
- average rank-in-class for middle 50%: 9%-29%
- average ACT composite score for middle 50%: 23-28*
- average SAT Reading, Math, and Writing combined score for middle 50%: 1580-1860*
In High School
- 72% completed at least 1 Advanced Placement (AP) course
- 37% completed 3 or more AP courses
- 71% took part in community service or volunteer work
- 78% played a varsity sport
- 45% served as captain for their varsity team
- 73% participated in student government or leadership activites
- 35% were involved in dance, music and/or drama
- 10% were active in newspaper, yearbook or literary magazine.
- 65% held a part-time job
*Stonehill is test optional; data as of June 2013