Each student has a unique background and we want to put your academic record into the proper context. The following factors are the primary focus of our consideration:
- Strength of high school curriculum: The courses you have taken in each subject area within the context of what your high school offers.
- Cumulative GPA: The grades you’ve earned across your high school career.
- Class rank: If provided.
- Recommendations: One from your guidance/college counselor and at least one from a teacher.
- Extracurricular activities: We are an active campus looking for active students.
- Personal statement (essay): A chance for us to hear your voice and learn more about you as a person.
- Standardized test scores: Stonehill is test optional. You may submit SAT or ACT scores if you believe they will benefit the review of your application.
Class of 2018
- 610 freshman, 42% men, 58% women
- 17% students of color (Black or African American, Latino or Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian)
- 22% enrolled as liberal arts majors, 19.5% enrolled as business majors and 32% enrolled as science majors
- average rank-in-class for middle 50%: 10%-34%
- average ACT composite score for middle 50%: 23-28*
- average SAT Reading, Math, and Writing combined score for middle 50%: 1510-1830*
In High School
- 73% completed at least 1 Advanced Placement (AP) course
- 39% completed 3 or more AP courses
- 67% took part in community service or volunteer work
- 76% played a varsity sport
- 49% served as captain for their varsity team
- 63% participated in student government or leadership activites
- 30% were involved in dance, music and/or drama
- 10% were active in newspaper, yearbook or literary magazine.
- 54% held a part-time job
*Stonehill is test optional; data as of June 2014