Internships are integral for preparing students for post-graduate opportunities. You’ll gain valuable experience, build a professional network and learn more about yourself and potential careers.
Interns have the opportunity to:
- Get a better grasp of the connections between theory and practice
- Adapt to a culture outside the college environment
- Network with professionals at different levels of an organization
- Apply academic knowledge to hands-on situations
- Gain exposure to potential career choices
- Earn academic credit
And don’t forget: on average, employers extended job offers to 45% of their 2011 interns according to a 2012 NACE student survey.
East Coast, West Coast and Far, Far Away
Where and when will you intern? Stonehill offers students a variety of internship opportunities. Whether you want to work with a local company during the summer months or move to Los Angeles for a semester, we’ll help you find the perfect fit.
Local internships are a great way to gain firsthand knowledge of a specific field. Most local internships are part-time, but depending on the opportunity, students may also have the opportunity to intern full time.
Experience New York, Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles with one of our domestic internship programs. We’ve got housing and, depending on the program, transportation waiting for you.
Looking to experience a new culture? Our International Internship Program can place you in a public or private organization for a semester-long internship in Dublin, London, Madrid or Paris.
Learn from the Best
Our students have secured internships with some amazing companies and organizations in their field of study. Among them:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Shape Magazine
- New York Structural Biology Center
- British Parliament (London)
- Warner Bros. Records
- Kenneth Cole
- CBS Films
- Institut Pasteur (Paris)
- Department of Homeland Security
- NFL Players Association
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- Sony Music Entertainment
- The Dubliner Magazine (Dublin)