Graduates Equipped for Success
The master's degree in integrated marketing communications will consist of 36 credits designed to equip graduates with the full breadth of skills needed to advance in the field or run their own business. A student who has completed the program should be able to:
- Understand the role and practice of integrated marketing within various types of organizations: non-profit, commercial, educational, corporate, and healthcare.
- Understand the importance of strategic communication in the marketing of products and services.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a strategic marketing plan.
- Plan and create targeted materials for a variety of media formats, including social media, traditional advertising, etc.
- Understand how to develop, analyze, and evaluate integrated marketing communications (IMC) plans and programs and to assess their performance.
- Understand the role of creativity in pursuing integrated marketing communications plans and assessment.
The focus is on creativity and interdisciplinarity, with a curriculum that consists of an interdisciplinary core and upper level electives in the fields of marketing, communication, and graphic design.