Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology. The organization was founded in 1929 for the stated purpose of “encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of Psychology.”
The criteria for induction into the society are as follows:
- Must be a psychology major or minor
- Must be at least in your junior year
- Must have completed at least four Psychology courses
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in their Psychology classes
- Must be in the top 25% of your class overall
The purpose of the Psychology Society is to unify Psychology majors and minors in order to promote communication between students and faculty, and between students and the surrounding community.
In addition, the Society enhances students’ awareness of future options (i.e., career and post-graduate work) via meetings and presentations, and also serves as a social atmosphere where students and faculty can meet informally.
All Psychology majors and minors of Stonehill College and any interested undeclared students are eligible for membership.
- Careers in Psychology Information Session
- Graduate School Information Session
- Internships Information Session
- Pre-Registration information exchange
- Travel to psychology conferences
- Barbecue with faculty and students
- Co-Sponsor Psychology Student Poster Presentations
- New England Psychological Association