S.U.R.E. is an opportunity for students who have completed their first year at Stonehill to perform significant, publishable, full-time research under the guidance of and in collaboration with an experienced faculty researcher.
- Keara Lavallee ’16 worked with Edward McGushin, associate professor of Philosophy, on “Cinematic Mediations.”
- Zack Colclasure ’16 worked with Edward McGushin, associate professor of philosophy, on “The Politics of Desire.”
- Philosophy major Philip Gasbarro ’14 worked with Brendan O’Sullivan, associate professor of Philosophy, on “Science vs. the Soul: Can the Mind Fit Into the Natural World?”
- Brian Switzer ’13 worked with Dinos Mekios, assistant professor of Philosophy on "The Aristotelian Final Cause and Potential Relevance of Teleological Explanations for Modern Biology: A Comparative Study."
Places where Stonehill students have recently interned include:
- Adams Media
- American Cancer Society
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- EMC Corp.
- Massachusetts Taxpayer’s Foundation
- May Institute
- National Park Trust
- U.S. Dept. of Defense
- U.S. Secret Service
- Various law firms
- Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Peace Corps
- State Farm
- Winter Wyman
Career Services Resources
The Office of Career Services offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Philosophy-specific career resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level jobs.
- Annual career fairs and graduate school information sessions.
- Externships and internships in New York; Washington, D.C.; and Los Angeles (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Various industry-specific career lunches – government, nonprofits, sustainability, event planning, corporate social responsibility and development.
- Boy Scouts of America
Senior District Executive
- Family Theater
- Ficksman & Conley LLP
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- Unity Church