The Healthcare Administration program’s objectives are met by coupling required and elective courses with a required full-time, 400-hour internship. Strong faculty support and advising are available to all students, as are a variety of Directed Studies and Field Studies emphasizing healthcare work.
Among the organizations with which students have done internships:
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston Medical Center
- Tufts New England Medical Center
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Brigham and Women’s/MGH Health Care Center at Foxborough
- Veterans Health Administration
- Genesis HealthCare
- Community Health Center Association of Connecticut
- Angels Neurological Centers
- Shields Health Care Group
- LeeSar (Healthcare supply chain management)
- Owens & Minor (Healthcare supply chain management)
Majors are required to complete at least one internship for graduation. The internship is a crucial piece of the students’ professionalization in the field and they are encouraged, if possible, to take more than one. Those pursuing a minor in Healthcare Administration are also encouraged to complete a full-time internship.
Dublin Program Tailor-Made for Healthcare Administration Students
Stonehill currently has a study-abroad internship program in Ireland, with University College Dublin, that provides several different placement opportunities:
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Psychology Research
- Adolescent Rehabilitation Clinics
- AIDS awareness
- Policy Organizations
- Social Services/Outreach
Robust Alumni Network Provides Important Access
In addition to alumni who do on-campus recruiting and individual mentoring, every February the student Healthcare Society invites recent alumni to campus for what can best be described as a speed-dating form of networking.
Students and alums trade resumes and business cards in a 10-minute meeting before shifting to a new seat and a new meeting. It is designed to give students access to a broad spectrum of contacts in the field.