The Healthcare Administration program’s objectives are met by coupling required and elective courses with a required full-time, 400-hour internship. Strong faculty support and advising are available to all students, as are a variety of Directed Studies and Field Studies emphasizing healthcare work.
Among the organizations with which Stonehill College students have done internships:
- American Cancer Society
- Angels Neurological Centers
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Boston Medical Center
- Brigham and Women’s/MGH Health Care Center at Foxborough
- Child and Family Psychological Services
- Community Health Center Association
- Elite Sports Performance & Physical Therapy
- Genesis HealthCare
- LeeSar (healthcare supply chain management)
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mount Auburn Hospital
- Northbridge Company
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Owens & Minor
- Signature Healthcare
- Shields Health Care Group
- Tufts New England Medical Center
- Veterans Health Administration
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Majors are required to complete at least one internship for graduation. The internship is a crucial piece of the students’ professionalization in the field and they are encouraged, if possible, to take more than one. Those pursuing a minor in Healthcare Administration are also encouraged to complete a full-time internship.
Dublin Program Tailor-Made for Healthcare Administration Students
Stonehill currently has a study-abroad internship program in Ireland, with University College Dublin, that provides several different placement opportunities:
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Psychology Research
- Adolescent Rehabilitation Clinics
- AIDS awareness
- Policy Organizations
- Social Services/Outreach
Robust Alumni Network Provides Important Access
In addition to alumni who do on-campus recruiting and individual mentoring, every February the student Healthcare Society invites recent alumni to campus for what can best be described as a speed-dating form of networking.
Students and alums trade resumes and business cards in a 10-minute meeting before shifting to a new seat and a new meeting. It is designed to give students access to a broad spectrum of contacts in the field.
Career Services Resources
The Stonehill Career Development Center offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Healthcare Administration-specific career resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level positions.
- Annual career fairs.
- Various industry-specific career lunches – healthcare, nonprofits, biotech and pharmaceuticals.
- Externships and internships in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Career Services staff members work one-on-one with healthcare majors in the senior capstone course. Resume
critiques, informational interviewing and mock interviews are a requirement for this major.
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
Senior Manager, Federal Health Policy
- Boston Children’s Hospital
Craniofacial/Cleft Lip and Palate Coordinator
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Oncology Nurse Practitioner
- Partners HealthCare Systems
Vice President, Network Operations
- Quest Diagnostics Inc.
Vice President, Health Plans