S.U.R.E. is an opportunity for students who have completed their first year at Stonehill to perform significant, publishable, full-time research under the guidance of and in collaboration with an experienced faculty researcher.
- Michael Travers ’15 worked with Juan Carlos Martin, associate professor of Foreign Languages, on “Virtual Learning: Beyond the Classroom.”
- Spanish major Angela Moskawa ’14 workedwith Juan Carlos Martin, associate professor of Foreign Languages, on “Identity Crisis: Portrayals of the Posthuman in Spanish Narrative and Film.” This project strives to study the concept of post-humanity in Spanish narrative and film, focusing primarily on literary pieces and cinematic works written and produced during the past two decades.
Places where Stonehill students have recently interned include:
- Action for Boston Community Development
- Boston Biomedical Consultants Inc.
- Brockton Public Schools
- Dunkin’ Brands
- English Transcultural Center
- Equal Exchange
- Gillette Stadium: New England Patriots, New England Revolution
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Steward Health Care
- Verizon Wireless
Stonehill is ranked among the best in the nation for sending students on semester-long study abroad programs. Our programs focus on developing global citizens and helping students meet both academic and personal goals. A student’s international experience is attractive to potential employers who seek applicants with global perspective and an understanding other cultures.
Stonehill students have studied in interesting and dynamic locations all over the world, including:
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
Career Services Resources for Students
The Office of Career Services offers extensive assistance to students seeking employment, pursuing advanced studies or participating in postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Foreign Languages-specific career resources
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level jobs.
- Annual career fairs.
- Externships and internships in New York; Washington, D.C.; and Los Angeles (week-long and semester-long programs).
- Foreign Languages career panel.
- AAA Allied Group
Public Affairs Coordinator
- Boston Children’s Hospital
Associate Media Planner
- Harvard University
Manager of Summer Grants and International Programs
Sales Planning Coordinator
- Loyola University
Associate Director of Admissions